10.08.2008

Is this enough?

The only problem I have with Facebook and blogging is that you spend so much time reading other people's amazing stories that you wonder what YOU are doing with your life.

Am I actually changing the world? Because I want to be...

If there were nothing to hold me down, what would I be doing with my life right now?

And how do I get there from here?

All this thinking made reminded me of something I wrote my freshmen year in high school:

Experience is the greatest teacher of all, and some of life's most valuable lessons are learned from it. Over the past year, I have learned that straight-A students can fail, and that failures can change the world. I've learned that from winning you can gain the most amazing feeling of success, but that from making mistakes, you can learn what success really means. I've learned that children are much smarter than the world gives them credit for, but that true intelligence is hard to find. Mostly importantly, however, I've learned that life is about passion, and that achievement is worth a lifetime. Everything is possible. Anything can be achieved. The sky is no longer the limit.

2 comments:

  1. You wrote that when you were a freshman?! Wow. That's the kind of stuff I'm learning now, at 32.

    You are a great writer. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val! Writing is not something I am inspired to do often, but I'm glad that someone else can appreciate the thoughts behind my writing every once in a while. Are you a writer?

    ReplyDelete