11.03.2008

Putting things in perspective

So I was at a party last night, and of course, when you put a bunch of women together, there's bound to be lots of laughter, gossiping, and "Oh my gosh-you're kidding!"-ing. But towards the end of the night, the conversations in the room took a quieter and more serious turn, and it set me in a very reflective mood. I often worry (as Chris would confirm!) about money, jobs, family, what-ifs, etc... And seeing all of these other problems that were below the surface made me more confident about the choices Chris and I have made. We don't have much money, but we make smart choices to help us use what we have wisely. To me this is common sense, but I don't think all people make hard decisions like that intuitively. Anyway. It makes me sad to think of what so many people I know struggle with, but it is also encouraging to realize that in comparison, we're not as badly off.

AND I am SO excited about election day, I might actually scream. I can't believe how many young adults are involved, voting, and excited for their candidate! I voted a couple of weeks ago, and I have been dying with anticipation to see what will happen! I will seriously be glued to any TV or internet connection within my reach all. day. tomorrow.

I <3 Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment