3.31.2010

Spring is Here!

Spring has finally arrived in Nashville, so my friends and I celebrated by going to visit Cheekwood last weekend when it was free to the public (woohoo!). Lo, and behold that on the day of our visit, we encountered the annual Daffodil show. (Who knew there was such a thing.) And yes, it is like a dog show, but with daffodils. People from all over the region enter their home-grown daffodils in any of 8 categories, individually or in groups, for judgment. Only the most well-behaved daffodils will win a prestigious ribbon. But seriously, it was pretty interesting, and the flowers were beautiful!

It's also spring at my apartment! Last year, I had ambitions of starting herbs and lettuces from seed and feasting on them all summer long. This year, I have made peace with my non-green thumb, and I went to the store and bought herbs and spinach instead! If you come to my apartment, you'll find a lovely assortment of spinach, dill, mint, basil, lemon thyme, and rosemary. They all look wonderful in their first two weeks in residence! I can't wait to use them for cooking and canning this summer. Oh, and mojitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment