4.29.2010

Thankful Thursdays

I'm just going to spout out some more random thoughts tonight, because that's all I can seem to muster. This has felt like an extremely long week. No one event has been bad, but small stresses at work and at home pile on top of each other until you feel completely burdened with them all. Yikes!

And during all of this, I've IMMENSELY enjoyed reading the Facebook updates of a woman at my old church who I consider part of my extended family. Every night, she is inspired by a church friend of hers who continues to see life in a positive, uplifting way, even though she is a 15 year survivor of colon cancer and now is battling another cancer. (I don't mean to suggest that being a cancer surviver is bad, but surely this woman has earned the right to gripe now and then!)

This inspiring woman has encouraged my friend (and many others!) to take the time each night to reflect on the positive things from each day, instead of dwelling on the "should-have's," "need-to's," etc. With her spirit in mind, I'm installing a new series: Thankful Thursdays! Hopefully, I'll remember to share them here. But if not, know that I'm making a stronger effort in my own life to linger longer over the joyful moments from each day.

Today I am thankful for:
  • the arrival of spring & the first farm harvests coming very quickly
  • my fabulous husband
  • a beautiful afternoon walk with Lucy the Miniature Schnauzer
  • some time alone to read and reflect
  • a visit from my mom (tomorrow-yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment