4.07.2011

Airport Bloopers

Our most recent trip to visit family resulted in some of the wildest flight adventures I have experienced! As a result, here is my Very Official Airport Cheat Sheet:

Best for Killing Time: Tampa
Least-Friendly Staff: Reagan National
Most Thorough TSA: Reagan National
Longest Distance Between Gates: Miami
Most Helpful Golf Cart Drivers: Miami
Best Appearance: Nashville
Friendliest Staff: Tampa
Shortest TSA Line (read: no line): Tampa
Worst Airport Food: Miami
Worst Potential for Overnight Stays: Tampa
Best Potential for Overnight stays: Reagan National (thanks mom)

I will also add that during this trip we ran to our gates on two different occasions. While running in airports, there is no shame about running lop-sided because of bags falling off your shoulder or your dainty shoes sliding on the floor. The act alone also instantly bonds you to other runners, with whom I felt some camaraderie as we passed them on our race against the clock. I'm sure that people with overnight layovers do the same. Fortunately, the Mom & Dad of the Year saved us from almost-certain public humiliation by doing a middle of the night Shuttle & Nap Service. While I am SO grateful for that, I am still curious as to the airport shenanigans that might have been in the dreary wee hours of the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment