8.16.2009

Turkey Stock Day

Apparently, I have been taking a brief sabbatical from blogging. And it's not very encouraging to say that there really is nothing interesting to report since the last time I posted (yikes)!

BUT today, I am making stock. When I was checking the foreign reaches of our freezer yesterday, I found the turkey carcass from last Thanksgiving! I was saving it for soup, so today, I'm making turkey stock with the bones and plenty of meat, onion, celery, carrot, bay leaves, and fresh thyme. I think I actually have enough meat to get two batches out of it, so round 2 will begin shortly. I'm so excited about having these to make soup with later on, and the apartment smells so amazing, I'm not convinced I can wait for the fall!

Futue summer cooking projects:
  • Pickling banana peppers for sandwiches (the dill pickles were a huge success, btw)

No comments:

Post a Comment