6.10.2010

All's Quiet...

I've been pretty quiet on the blog-front lately because I've been busy living life! Not a bad thing. Chris and I are preparing to lead some youth from our church on an international mission trip. I'm so excited to be doing this with him - he and I have never had a real opportunity to do this kind of work together. I'm excited for us to be challenged and grow together!

I'm also addicted to a TV show I found on Netflix called "30 Days." It was created by the man who was inspired by the likes of Fast Food Nation to go on a fast-food only diet for 30 days. The resulting documentary called Super Size Me is a fascinating trip down the fast lane toward an extremely unhealthy lifestyle. "30 Days" is a show that puts people of opposing mindsets in each other's company for 30 days. They learn about the opposing viewpoint, and the whole experience usually opens discussions in an amazingly interesting way. Some of the topics have been about religious differences, illegal immigration, outsourcing jobs to other countries, clinical anti-aging methods, etc. I certainly have some strong opinions on things, but what I love even more is when people can get together and swap stories and beliefs in a healthy environment and LEARN from each other! Very cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment