2.16.2010

Lent: The Plan

The church seasons of Lent begins tomorrow, and with it, many people will be sacrificing something they love as a discipline - usually food. (I once knew a family that gave up wheat - quite a hard sacrifice if you eat the average American diet!)

This year I am inspired to do something different. Chris and I don't have a history of giving to churches financially. No specific reason - we just don't. This year, I want to make money my sacrifice. Once a week, for each week during Lent, my goal is to spend our hard-earned money (which there is not much of, by the way) to better our church or someone else.

So here goes:

Week 1: Food drive. Chris and I will fill up a grocery cart with non-perishables for the food drive at church. Pictures to follow!

I'm going to need help coming up with ideas!! I have one stored away, but I need at least 4 more meaningful ways to make a financial contribution to help someone else. Please send me your thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment