2.27.2010

Lent Recap: Food Bank

The food drive at church has not officially started up, but I am ready with my contribution. Amazingly, I was able to buy tons of food at a very low cost because of smart shopping: coupon doubling, sale items, etc. In fact, the overall cost was so much less than I thought it was, that I have bought more items to add to the pile each time I've been to the store since!

This reminds of how fortunate I really am to be able to afford good food in the form of fresh fruits and veggies, organic foods, and very little that is "ready-made" and lacking in real nutrition. Healthier food costs so much more than regular canned food, but I now feel a little better about people who don't have much to spend at the store: a little money really can go a long way if you know how to stretch it. Maybe this is the one thing that under-privileged families have going for them.

After the food drive at church is over, this food will make its way to the Second Harvest Food Bank.

This Week's Contribution: medicine and medical supplies

Please send me your ideas for other ways to contribute to the community!!

No comments:

Post a Comment