3.09.2009

Lesson 101: How to Relax


If you know me, you know I love to organize and to be organized. This is both a blessing and a curse. For example, everyday when I get home from work, I immediately do one of two things: sit on the couch and then have no energy to do anything for the rest of the night (literally-I get exhausted from boredom) or start picking things up and straightening the apt. If I do the second, I then decide the floor looks gross and I need to vacuum. While vacuuming, I realize that I also need to dust, wash dishes, do laundry, scrub the floor, and on and on, all very much in the "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" fashion. The last two weekends, I have spent all Saturday cleaning like mad, and then on Sunday, suddenly, I could relax in peace. I'm sure every other 24-year-old in the world innately understands this already.

But it was a revelation for me. I had no idea that after all that hard work, relaxing could be so sweet.

*This pic is not actually something I own, just a good example of things I drool over (apartmenttherapy.com).

3 comments:

  1. You need to come over and be "bored" at my place. I'm sure Sarah would love it. Bring your mop too--Sarah is morally opposed to mopping the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say that it would not be the first time I've cleaned up someone else's place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becca, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
    1. you clean
    2. you cook
    3. you do laundry
    4. you make the bed
    5. you clean the pup (I help sometimes!)
    6. you put up with my messiness...

    and you see the pattern developing?!

    :) Thanks for being awesome.

    ReplyDelete