12.16.2009

Christmas Spirit

I have to say that I am totally in the Christmas spirit this week - ready for the arrival of a special and beautiful day, ready for family to come in from out of town, ready for delicious food and big celebrations, and ready for this air of peace that seems to be settling over the office in the midst of our busiest season of the year. No, I don't work at Santa's workshop, I work at a church. Sometimes, it feels about the same!

Last year I never got into the Christmas spirit. Advent came and went without me ever having a moment to enjoy the season or the spirit of the holidays. I feel for people who work at other churches and temples, post offices, and shops. I can really appreciate what it's like to feel so pressured that all you want to do is make it to January.

I'm not sure what the difference is this year, but I know that it has helped me work harder, relax more after work, be more intentional in prayer and receiving God's peace, and celebrating small joys of the Christmas season. Yay God!

I hope everyone out there will remember to take small moments everyday to remember what the season of Advent is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment