12.22.2009

Ready for Change

For the past several months, I have been wondering and praying about what the future will be like for me. When Chris and I first moved to Nashville, my big priority was to find a Job That Paid The Rent. I did that, but it wasn't what I expected. Through a bizarre and frustrating series of events, I could find no teaching job at a public school in the entire county. (I could go into more detail, but it makes you want to line up at the county's door and bat the school Superintendent in the head.) I found a job in the newspaper for a Parish Secretary at a church. I still HATE that job title to this day because it makes me sound like a white-haired old lady who still uses a typewriter, which I can assure you, I am not. I have now been there for 3 1/2 years and have learned a lot. I've loved working at a church and at a non-profit, because even on the bad days you know that the ultimate purpose for your being there is always worthy. But I can only be a secretary for so long before I crave something different.

So what's next? I feel like the timing is almost here. Not that change will happen on its own, but that I am almost in tune with what God has in store for the next chapter of my life. I can almost reach it with my fingertips . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment