11.05.2010

Eat, Pray, Think

Earlier this week, I spotted the newest issue of Christianity Today on my boss's desk and took a second glance when I read the issue's title, "Eat, Pray, Think." Those who know me know I am obsessed with the way America's industrialized food system has changed the way we eat, the way we view health and medicine, and the way we view the world and the environment.

I finally got a chance to read the article, entitled "A Feast Fit for the King," by Leslie Leyland Fields. Reading through the first half, I found the author very articulate-she echoed my thoughts exactly about the largest pieces of the problem, especially as seen through a Christian lens. The second half of the article went on to discuss obsessions people sometime develop when they focus too much on food as an idol, not as a part of a larger call to environmental stewardship.

If you're looking for a short overview of the new whole food trend, read just the first half or so - it's worth your time. The article is not available online (or I would have shared it here), so the next time you're at your local library or bookstore, look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment