1.12.2010

Blog Tracking

So I've signed up for some free analytics to report track on this blog, and I have to say that it's totally fascinating! For example, how does someone from Winnipeg come across my little blog about my little life? (I'm assuming it was unintentional!) Somebody lives in Merrifield, VA, which I can assure you I've never heard of even though I practically grew up in Northern Virginia (NOVA, to the locals). Not one person has checked this out from their iphone. Also, 23% prefer macs to PCs.

I now know more about you than your Significant Others - including what browser you use, whether it's via mac or pc, how much time you spend on here sucked into my ridiculous rantings, and how you got here in the first place!

No wonder the FBI can track people down through their computer usage. This is insane (and insanely cool). Just thought you'd want to know. :)

5 comments:

  1. how did you do it? I want to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Analytics - you sign up for a google account (does not have to be a google email address), enter your website, and voila! you can also exclude IP addresses and get really fancy with filters and results. i'm not so fancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips Becca! Where did you grow up in NOVA? One of our children lives there now and loves it! I really enjoy visiting there too! Judy(Doe Run Farm CSA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Judy! I lived in Springfield - it was great to be so close to DC. And I'm excited to learn about Doe Run Farm! That seems like such a big undertaking - how did you decide to jump in?

    ReplyDelete